Friday, December 9, 2011

Dances With Wolves--



Do you remember that movie "Dances with Wolves"? I do. Not that it has anything to do with this post other than the fact I wearing wolf earrings. Trying to be witty is not my forte I can tell you that! I was the kid watching the cartoons looking over at my brothers and wondering why they were laughing and then analyzing myself and thinking that there was something wrong with me because I didn't see the humor like they did.
Somewhere along the way I got my funny bone but I still hate it when people tell me jokes. I feel obligated to laugh and 9/10 times I don't think the joke is funny(I get the joke I just don't like the joke). The only jokes I think are hilarious are the ones my kids told me when they were really little and we were in the car on a long road trip. They went something like: knock, knock! (who's there) car! (car who?) car butt that was blue with treetops! har,har,har! and...and...snot with rainbow boogers and..and... (those random bits of what my little ones thought were so hilarious I TOO thought were hilarious!) so I am a joke snob I suppose but only 5yr and under jokes do I find funny!
Sadly another road trip is coming up soon and we no longer have any 5 and under jokesters. Ah well...I'm sure the 7yr old will not disappoint.
I was planning on wearing these Avenue leggings; this exact outfit actually as we visit my Mother this Christmas but unfortunately when I put them on today the seaming on the inside thigh ripped out. I went to order another pair and the shipping date was 12/23 well that's not going to do me any good. I guess I will have to break out the sewing machine. Sometimes I get really irritated at all the menial little things I have to do and this just adds to it. I have enough BIG stuff to accomplish that sewing a seam rakes on my nerves.  I love these earrings! and I think they will fit perfectly into the Arkansas scene well. I mean the last time we visited my Mother in Arkansas  an armadillo was crossing the road. I had never seen one in real life (small things excite me) .

Brown Ponte knit seamed legggings :: Avenue.com
Boots:: JCP.com
Denim blouse:: Thrifted
Snake print green scarf:: Thrifted
Belt:: Thrifted
Vest:: Dot's
Leather wrap Bracelet:: Hardware:: etsy (review soon)
Ring:: Kohl's
Vintage Sunnies::Thrifted
Wolf seed bead earrings:: ebay




2 comments:

  1. That first picture of your is FANTASTIC! I love love love it! ANd i really like the whole vibe of this outfit. The earrings, the boots, the chambray-- VERY "into the wild" or I guess you were right-- "Dances with Wolves!"
    ♥ laura
    the blog of worldly delights

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those earrings are way too cool! Loving your leggings, boots, and denim shirt too! Thanks for linking up!
    -Meagan
    www.spunkychateau.com

    ReplyDelete